The “What If I Was Wrong? When we talk, we learn!” campaign does not seek to persuade anyone to abandon an ideology or delegitimize specific extremist groups of any stripe. On the contrary, it addresses attitudes that can lead to violent radicalization: unshakeable ideological convictions, unquestioning doctrinal rigidity, cognitive isolation, or intolerance of alternative ideas, values or beliefs.
The awareness campaign consists of many different activities:
- 24 awareness-raising workshops
- 19 activities identified in a guide for teachers and youth workers
- Activities in 542 high schools and 62 CEGEPs (general/vocational colleges) throughout Québec
- Mobilization of 72 municipalities across Canada
- An international art competition (photo, text, short film, song) open to young people 13 – 35 years of age
- Campaign outreach by five partner organizations to all five continents
To find out more about our campaign, we invite you to consult our booklet available online.